In India, Post offices are one of the most common methods of sending big parcels as well as letters throughout the country. Being one of the most used methods of parcel and letter transportation, the need for people who can deliver the letters and parcels effectively is always there. Thus, it is an important factor in employment.
On 10th March, Cycle II’s official notification was released regarding the opening of forms for TN GDS post or Tamil Nadu Gramin Dak Sevak. This GDS Recruitment is going on online and people who are looking forward to working under the Department of Post can apply for these posts by filling up the application form. There are a total of 4442 positions open in the Tamil Nadu Postal Circle for Gramin Dak Sevak or TN GDS.
So, in this article, we are going to talk all about the posting of Tamil Nadu Gramin Dak Sevak 2019, its application procedure, eligibility criteria, Form fee and status of the application. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Tamil Nadu Post 2019 GDS Vacancies
Following are all the details regarding the Tamil Nadu Post GDS 2019 vacancies:
- This job opening is for the Department of Post which works under the Ministry of Communication which is supervised by the GoI.
- The job description for this post is that it is for Gramin Dak Sevak for the region of Tamil Nadu Postal Circle.
- The total number of vacancies that are out for this India post GDS online reference recruitment are 4442.
- The selection criteria for all the eligible applicants will be done on the basis of Merit.
- For all the details regarding the Tamil Nadu Post 2019 GDS vacancies, the prospective applicants are requested to check https://www.indiapost.gov.in and http://www.appost.in
|Community/category||No. of posts|
| Other Backward Classes (OBC)
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||498|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||55|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||574|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)-HH||58|
TN Post Circle GDS 2019- Important Dates
It is important for all the applicants to have information regarding some of the dates that are important for Tamil Nadu Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019 which are mentioned as follows:
|Official Notification release date by Cycle II||10th March 2019|
|Commencement date of Online Registration||15th March 2019|
|Last Date for Online Registration and Fee submission||15th April 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Applications||21st April 2019|
|Release of Result / Merit List||No Official information yet|
TN Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment Eligibility
Just like any other government job opening, there are a certain set of eligibilities that are to be met by any applicant for the recruitment of Tamil Nadu Gramin Dak Sevak. Those candidates who are eligible for the job can apply for the post of TN GDS any time before the Last date of Application.
The eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu GDS are divided into three categories, which are:
- Age Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- Other requirements
So, let’s start with the Age Criteria.
Age Criteria For TN GDS Post Application
The age criteria are different for all the Categories but one criterion that is permanent for every category is that the Applicant should be in the age range of 20 years to 40 years. This range should be met on 15th March 2019.
Now, following are the age relaxation that is given to the candidates based on Category:
- Candidates that fall under the Caste Category of OBC or Other Backward Classes will get a Permissible Age relaxation of 3 years.
- Candidates that fall under the Caste Category of Scheduled Cast (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) will get a Permissible Age relaxation of 5 years.
- Candidates that fall under the Category of Person with Disability (PwD) will get a Permissible Age relaxation of 10 years.
- Candidates that fall under the Category of Person with Disability (PwD) with addition to being in the caste category of OBC will get a Permissible Age relaxation of 13 years.
- Candidates that fall under the Category of Person with Disability (PwD) with addition to being in the caste category of SC / ST will get a Permissible Age relaxation of 15 years.
One thing that should be noted down in between all this is that no special reservation or Age-limit relaxation is offered to applicants who fall under the category of Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
|Category Of The Candidates||Age Relaxation Permissible|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation|
Educational Qualification For TN GDS Post Office Recruitment Application
Following are the Minimum Educational Qualifications that are required to be met by the applicants for the TN GDS Post office recruitment:
- Applicants must have opted English and Mathematics as either elective or Compulsory subject in the Class 10th / High School
- Applicants must have achieved a passing certificate/ Passing Marks in both 10th standard and 12th standard from recognised School board in both English and Mathematics
- All the applicants must have studied their local language up to 10th standard, i.e., for all the students who are applying for the Tamil Nadu circle, they must have native level speaking as well as writing skills in the Tamil Language.
- Applicants must have basic knowledge about Computer and its operation.
Other Requirements For TN GDS Post Application
Apart from all the Age and educational criteria, there is one other requirement that is a must for all the applicants who are applying for the TN GDS Post office recruitment is that they must know how to ride a Cycle and have one in their possession.
TN Post GDS Application Process
In order to make sure that all the potential people are able to apply for this post, the government of Tamil Nadu have made sure that the online Gramin Dak Sevak engagement should not have any sort of hassle and all the applicants can apply their application form with ease. This is why, before the application procedure, applicants are required to register themselves.
Important factors to look for regarding Tamil Nadu GDS
Following are some of the factors that you should have knowledge of if you are looking forward to filling the application form for Tamil Nadu GDS recruitment:
- Application is only possible through online mode on the official website and no physical forms are available.
- Registration is only allowed once per applicant
- Only those candidates who are eligible for the post and satisfy all the requirements mentioned in the article should fill the application form.
- All the application forms containing wrong or incomplete information will be rejected at once.
- Applicants must have Soft copies of their documents stored on the device they are using for the application.
Registration Procedure For Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment
Following is a guide of the complete process that you will need to follow in order to register for the TN Post GDS recruitment:
Step1: First of all, the applicants are required to visit the official homepage of the Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment which is appost.in
Step2: Once you are on the official webportal, look for the “Steps to apply” section and click on the option saying “Register Here”
Step3: Now, the applicants are required to fill all the relevant details in the specified columns. Once completed, you can either choose the method of offline payment of the form fee through Fee Payment offices or you can choose the direct payment method by clicking on “Pay online”
Application Procedure For Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment
Once you are done with the registration procedure, you can move on to the process of filling the Candidate Application form. Following are the steps that you should follow in order to complete the Application process:
Step1: Firstly visit the link http://indiapostgdsonline.in/reference.aspx to get to the webpage of the Candidate Application Form.
Step2: On the webpage, fill in the verification details which are “Registration Number” and “Circle Applying for”. After you have completed both of the columns, select the “Submit” button.
Step3: Now, you are required to fill in the required details as well as upload all the scanned copies of the documents which are Signature, Passport sized photograph, SSC marks memo, Certificate of DOB, Caste / Community certificate, Computer Certificates and PH certificate.
Step4: Once all the information is filled and all the documents are uploaded, click on the “Submit” button for final submission.
TN Post GDS Application Fee
Despite the fact that the Application method for the form is fixed online, the payment method for the Application fee of TN Post GDS is both present on Online as well as Offline method. For those who are looking forward to paying their Application fee through offline mode, they are required to submit the fee at Fee payment offices. Also, those who are opting the method of online payment, they can make their payment through a number of methods of Payments, such as Credit Card, Debit Card, E-challan Payment or Net Banking.
Following are the details of Application fee that are to be submitted as per the category of the Applicant:
- For SC / ST / EWS (Female) / PwD: NIL
- For EWS (Male) / UR / OBC: Rs. 100
TN Post GDS Application Status
For all the applicants who have applied for the TN GDS Online Recruitment, it is important to make sure that they keep their knowledge up to date regarding the TN post GDS Application Status. The reason behind this is that any changes that are made in the Tamil Nadu Gramin Dak Sevak list are uploaded on the Application Status of the Applicant. So, following are the steps that you can follow in order to check the Tamil Nadu Post GDS Application status:
Step1: Firstly visit the link http://indiapostgdsonline.in/reference.aspx
Step2: Once you are on the above-mentioned webpage, Click on the button labelled “Click here” in front of the text “If You have already Applied. To Know the Status”
Step3: Now, enter the Register Number, Mobile Number, and choose the Applied circle. Once all the details are filled in the specified columns, click on the button labelled as “Print Application”. This will get you to the printing dialogue box from where you can either save the Status form or you can get the hard copy of the details for future reference.
Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment Documents Required
Following is the list of Documents that you must have scanned on the device from which you are applying for the Tamil Nadu Post GDS online Recruitment:
- SSC Marks Memo
- Date of Birth proof certificate (Only if the Date of Birth is not mentioned in the SSC Certificate of the Applicant)
- Class 10th Certificate
- Computer certificate
- Certificate of Disability / Community and Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Photograph (as per the desired format)
- Signature of the Applicant
Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment Selection Criteria
As mentioned before in the article, the Selection Criteria of TN Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment is through Merit of 10th Standard. This means that for this post, candidates who get selection through merit are not supposed to appear in any kind of Interview or Selection Test. Also, one thing to be kept into consideration is that there is no sort of weightage given on the Selection related to marks or performance in higher educational degrees / certificates.
Thus, once the selection is done, the candidates are requested to get their documents validated and the Applicant is assigned on the post.